1. We Want To Grow Your Revenue and Educate
When we audit a site, we want to locate issues and recommend solutions that will improve your bottom line. But we also want to make sure you understand why each issue is important, and how you may be able to address them yourself in the future.
Through our audits we hope to empower you to get a better handle on your SEO, analytics, backlinks, and local presence online. That way you’ll need us less.
After all, referral business is far better than repeat business.
2. We Don’t Compete On Price
Our audits are steeped in deep experience and technical knowledge. We have priced our audits as competitively as possible based on industry research and estimated ROI from implementing our recommendations. Therefore our stated prices are firm.
3. Project-Based Pricing Only. No Hourly Rates.
We charge on a project basis rather than by the hour. You are paying us for results and quality work, not for the amount of time we spend. Project-based fees will save both your company and ours a lot of time and money in the long run. You get quality work and we get to keep providing it. Win-win.
4. We Only Audit What Is Necessary
We are often asked if we can “slim down” or reduce the size of our audits. We do not do this. The reason is because individual elements are part of a whole when it comes to digital marketing. Pages on a website are connected, a PPC campaign’s performance is based on more than just ad copy, and a proper analytics configuration is about more than just tracking code and setting up goals.
In order to actually see ROI from the cost of our audits, ALL areas of a website, campaign, backlink profile, or analytics installation need to be evaluated. Think of it like a pebble thrown into a lake: The ripples are felt by everything.
That said, we only audit what is necessary. If your business does not have a local brick-and-mortar presence, we’re not going to charge to audit that. If your business doesn’t rely on Google News results, we won’t audit that.
5. We Require 50% Payment Up-Front Or Receive A 10% Discount For Full Payment Up-Front
We invest an enormous amount of time and energy into every audit, and we need to make sure we are protected. Research, evaluation, interpretation, recommendations, and then formatting the final document are all requirements. That’s why we ask for 50% of the audit payment to commence work, and the remaining 50% upon delivery. We can also offer a 10% discount off of the price of our audits if you can pay in full up-front. This might seem similar to how a web designer might charge you to build a website.
6. We Need Access To Appropriate Accounts
Right from the start, we’re going to request Full access to the accounts necessary to complete the type of audit you are requesting. These are as follows:
- SEO Audits: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Website Access.
- Backlink Audits: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Website Access, any backlink software you use.
- Analytics Audits: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Website Access.
- Local Audits: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Local Listings Access (Google My Business, Yelp, Bing Local, etc.), Website Access.
Some folks understandably don’t trust that their information is safe. Rest assured, we wouldn’t be in business if people had not already trusted us. Plus, we ask that you revoke our access once our audit is complete. We are also 100% willing to sign any NDAs.
If you’re still uneasy about providing us that information, it’s no problem. We’re just not meant to work together at this time.
7. Invoices Payable Net 15 For Consulting Work
Without cash-flow, companies like ours die, particularly because so much of our work is project-based. However because consulting work is ongoing, all of House of Search’s invoices are payable on net 15 terms.
Are there exceptions? Of course. When we are putting together a consulting contract with you, we will work to meet your needs. Here are a few scenarios where we can be flexible with our terms:
- If you are past client.
- If you are willing to pay a larger up-front cost in exchange for net 30 terms on all subsequent invoices.